Monday 22 August 2011

Turmoil

We have lost some good years of our lives
Fighting,quarelling,insulting,humiliating, protesting et al.
Some years which could have been the best in our lives,
Which we could have spent in better ways.

We could have spent less time on the fire fighting
And more in understanding each other;
We could spent time in building bridges
Instead of drawing the boundary lines and personal spaces;
We could have used the energies in good causes,
Rather than shouting and screaming through the roof;
We could have sat down and resolved the problem,
Given an honest attempt at making things better.
We could have been more true to ourselves.

Instead we chose not to talk about the elephant in the room;
We chose to brush the dust under the carpet.

The London riots,
The Anna Hazare campaign,
The Al-Qaeda terrorism,
The anti-Mubarak uprising...
All are reflection of the restlessness among the people
All are reflections of the unrest inside
The grudge, the anger, the frustrations.
Why is this the world in such turmoil?
Why are we in mental agony and anxiety?

If only we all lived for the cause we were born.
If only there was more peace...
Both inside and the world outside.

At least, I didn't want to live this way -
Every day, every moment, perhaps, till the last day in my life
Fighting for my right, my pride, my place.
Shouting above others, lest my voice be drowned!
Overpowering others, lest I be trampled!


I dream of a better life....a better world...
And I still keep dreaming the same every single morning!




PS: The above painting is created by me. For more paintings, please add me to your FB friends or visit https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150235895019563.327436.719044562&l=46e638be71&type=1

No comments: